Thursday, April 7, 2022

Menace: Reaching Out

 This is a very low-budget project with 0 pull whatsoever in any sort of industry. Considering that I'm going for something stylistically that matches some of the newer blockbusters like The Batman, reaching out to people was difficult and I struggled at coming up with a way to reach someone that would have opportunities for me. Then I realized that my cipher 'riddle'(which tells you that there are two trailers instead of one) has a commonality with the Batman film, because in the trailers for those films the Riddler puzzle(which wasn't even a marketing gag) was solved in less than a few hours. So I reached out to that social media account. 

If I could gain more insight into how they were able to maximize the Riddler's appeal it would allow me more time to develop my brand within this piece. So I sent them this message:

"Working on a project for media studies and beginning to hide riddles and ciphers within the images starting from today's posts. How did Y'all incorporate the Riddler's antics into your marketing and is there anything you'd want to pose as advice or partnership if this project was to really get off the ground"


Given that this project operates on a limited time window I do not think this will pan out to anything greater but I'd continue to try and push forward using similar tactics reaching out for other opportunities for collaboration.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Menace: Final Submission

 Here is the link to the drive folder where I have placed the two trailers: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13rmIXcpFOw1RG-D7BxnRJzdZ...