Thursday, April 7, 2022

Menace: Ciphers

I dropped the second teaser for the film which is just the villain posing a question to the hero. I plan on starting the ciphers on the images starting today. The ciphers will tease the film’s planned release date, live events, and will also give more lore details about the film. As far as the cipher that I’m going to use, this is the box cipher and what it looks like. The cipher is technically known as a pigpen cipher and the reason I know of its existence is that I have a ring with the cipher that runs around it. 




I think giving the cipher to the images is something that can add excitement to the film. The target audience's reaction is something similar to the riddle from the Batman movie, where the postcard(which played no huge role in the film) had a cipher that was solved by the internet in less than a few hours, simply because it was something obviously present that required a solution. If I’m drawing on a similar target audience I can reward their curiosity and give them details about production or the piece by hiding those ciphers into the scene, just as a small riddle for them to solve. If I had more time to develop the brand I’d make the ciphers more complicated or layered as I went. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Menace: Final Submission

 Here is the link to the drive folder where I have placed the two trailers: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13rmIXcpFOw1RG-D7BxnRJzdZ...