Saturday, February 27, 2021

Final Project: Group Discussion Aftermath

    I went back through the blog postings of some of my groupmates and thought over the conversation that we had and noticed a few things. The first was that there some of the people within the group had elements that were designed to be symbolic. I thought the idea was really interesting but don't see how I could fit it into the current film that I'm planning out. I can't think of a place to put symbolism for other things, but I can find ways to reference a broader problem with crime. I'm not sure how I'd do it or if it's even needed but I think that it is a possibility. 

    Another thing I noticed was that everyone seems to have a designed color palette and they are thinking about doing things that they would look cool visually. For one project they were going for a shot in reverse to show how they're going to go back in time, and I suggested having the scene be much slower and close up so that it felt personal and unsettling. I'm going to take a production idea from Nicole and film a version of the film using my family as stand ins for the characters, just to I can figure out which angles and lighting will work best. That will happen after I finish the first storyboard. 

    I tend to deviate from storyboards and I think that it reduces the quality of the final product, so for this project I'm going to finalize my visual outlines before I shoot with real people and have the scene flow the way I want it to from there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Menace: Final Submission

 Here is the link to the drive folder where I have placed the two trailers: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13rmIXcpFOw1RG-D7BxnRJzdZ...